Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident Empty
PostSubject: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2014, 10:26 pm

Shortly after taking care of the drow; Wellby is going to quickly sneak into Halia's home & store and locate any documents or proof she might have of Wellby's connection to her and his connection to the Zhentarim (Stealth is 1d20+9, investigation is 1d20+1, and perception is 1d20+4 if you want to roll; or 19 stealth, 11 investigation, 14 perception I had used dnd dice roller for the results). Not sure if there are any modifiers due to what I had done during the 6 month time frame. I am also not impeded by darkness due to devil's sight.
She might have been an idiotic human but I doubt a Zhentarim member wouldn't keep records.
In addition I will also be looking for hidden stashes of anything valuable/illegal/useful.
Depending on it, I will leave items which will implicate her as a zhentarim which doesn't implicate me and other illicit goods. If she had any poisons hidden, I'll pocket a few and leave some. (In case of lock picking roll its 1d20+9 or 16, I have tools and proficient in their use, and either 16 investigation or 19 perception for traps). Once that's all clear, Wellby will sneak off and head back into the manor having the discussions with Ulric bout what to do (ooc: see other topics).  

Once its determined that Ulric is going to stay awhile to cement his potential rule and light comforting of the worries of the town befor trying to save shialel. Wellby is going to send a coded message to his Zhentarim contact in Neverwinter (Message is written in Thieves cant and coded for zhentarim). The message would translate basically talking bout the certain events that just occurred except for the drow stealing shialel's soul, but does mention that the "black sister", betrayed her family and was punished for it. and requests a new contact. And see if these particular spider worshippers have a home nearby phandelin (1d20+1 or 10 for the research).

Unfortunately, Wellby's not going to be able to interrogate the captive the way he wants since their are Torm followers that would severely frown on it much less "do something" bout that form of corruption.  He'll just have to leave it to them till they give up on it.

Last edited by Wellby on December 26th 2014, 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 8:25 am

These are very interesting plans! I would like to bring more factions story lines in, this seems the best one so far. Let me work on this a bit.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 11:21 am

Ooc: Well, main reason for this was because of the discussion the group had bout zhentarim and that part of the group is "they are evil and should be killed" faction. And that group has greater influence over the rest (including clouding ulrics judgement as his "counsel"). So keeping a low profile is best.
Other than that, wellby is using the zhentarim to complete his background as they have the best information network around.
Wellby has made sure to follow zhentarim tenant during the drow incident incase halia was competent in her power move, but she tripped just before crossing the finish line and died a traitors death.

Last edited by Wellby on December 27th 2014, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2014, 10:45 am

Using your assistance to Nym as a cover you case Halia's dwelling for anything related to the Zhentarim. You find some recent missives regarding the Cult of the Dragon. They have been growing in strength. There is indication that the major factions are working together at some level to stop the cult, although the cults' end goal isn't yet clear.

You are able to  place some rather incriminating evidence easily enough. You almost feel bad rubbing her name in more mud, almost.

You find 1 vial of Drow poison amongst her stash, but not much else of physical value. You do, however find a rough map that you actually recognize. You've seen it on a book you found in the manor while clearing out the Redbrands.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2014, 11:46 am

"Hmm; only books left were the ones in the laboratory. Well Nym wont mind if I peruse the books again." says Wellby as he gets up and makes his way to the library to locate the book. As he makes his way he starts to lightly hum a tune unaware of it; not a tune hes heard before but feels very familiar.
Investigation roll of 14.
ooc: Eyes of the Rune Keeper, I can read any language. So translations wont be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2014, 12:08 pm

The book you recall seeing isn't in the library. But while searching you recall it was a book written in Dwarven, the map was on the cover. You recall that one of the party kept that tome.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2014, 12:16 pm

"tch.. means means either Ulric, lander, the brothers, or the hunter has it. Don't think Shialel claimed it." Wellby is going to start checking their rooms, starting with the ones that aren't here (who went off to Greenleaf), then proceeding to the rooms of people that are still in phandelin. Of course if he sees anyone that are still in manor, he'll ask bout the book. If not he'll be careful bout the searching.
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet
Character Name: Nym Leavold
Classes: 8 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2014, 12:37 pm

At this point Nym bursts out of her room, runs through Glassstaff's labratory/library, her arms full of supplies, and up the stairs towards the forest entrance.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2014, 5:35 pm

ooc: Perception check to notice Nym Stampeding through the basement and out. 1d20+4 or 21.
If Wellby notices, hes going to shake his head and follow her out making sure she doesn't get into too much trouble. If not, then he continues his searching.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2015, 5:47 pm

OOC: There's a dice roller built into this forum. If you click "New Reply" at the top, the dice roller is below the text box. It's pretty self explanatory.
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2015, 7:50 pm

occ: ah never saw it. I tend to use quick reply. of course cant edit post with dice roller
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2015, 7:51 pm

No worries, I just thought I'd let you know for the future.
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident   Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wellby's plans in the wake of the drow incident
Page 1 of 1