Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wellby's chat with Nym

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet
Character Name: Nym Leavold
Level: 8
Classes: 8 Warlock

Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2015, 5:53 am

Nym, shocked, just mutters,

"Who's him?"
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2015, 3:17 pm

"Spending 2 months where everyday you are tortured takes its toll on ones mind.  My mind was preety far gone. At the end of the 2 months, barley conscious, I had started to fall to despair muttering  about fate conspiring against me, about killing those that wronged me, the guards, even the queen herself. As soon I muttered the queen I felt my chains slacken and I hit the ground. Unlike the cold stone floor of the cell, I had landed onto carpeting. I heard a voice nearby saying 'Ah bout time you can see me.'. I looked up with my one good eye and I saw a desk with an oddly dressed gentleman sitting across from it."

" 'Come on, have a seat we don't have long. Might help if you can see in your other eye.' he waved his hand and the bruising in my other eye was gone and I could see clearly. Wearily I got up and took a seat. He proceeded to mention he represented a being that mortals cant safely perceive, but was interested in making a deal. My Freedom and the power to accomplish my goals, for completion of One major task, and any extra minor tasks needed prior to the major task being completed, he said the major task would hinder their rival's efforts in damming the world. He had agreed to the stipulation that the tasks wouldn't involve harming anyone I consider a friend both in short term and long term unless I wanted it to. I agreed. He told me to follow along and i'll get out and don't pick any fights. He gives me a shove and I wake up back in chains in the jail cell."

"I can only refer to him as 'The Gentleman' or I can use an improper shorter name for him, hes fine with the former but tends to not listen with the latter."

"Then a new noise was coming from outside the cell."

ooc: Shameless plug for his shorter name.

Last edited by Wellby on February 6th 2015, 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2015, 7:19 pm

"Who was this "gentleman?"
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2015, 8:09 pm

"Unfortunately, I cant say his name. Part of the terms. If I attempt to say it this happens..."
You see Wellby start to say something and he suddenly starts choking. It looks like something is strangling him by the indentations appearing around his throat. After a few seconds it stops.

Wellby takes a few breaths.

"You can probably guess what happens if I try to force it."

"They didn't want their names openly invoked. Names have power and it draws unwanted attention. The Gentleman himself is what I have found to be classified as a herald. Someone that serves one of the powers usually as a messenger or an agent prior to their involvement. He doesn't serve the one shiall's clan follows, and from what I have researched, doesn't serve the others that simply want the destruction of everything. He is highly intelligent, and cunning, and very aware of how this world works. As far as I know, the guise he uses is simply so it doesn't take anyone by surprise or drives them insane."

"Shall I continue?"
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2015, 3:34 pm

"But tell me, what has he asked of you in return?"
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2015, 4:00 pm

Wellby takes a quick glance around.
"He explained that his 'boss' wanted me to gather my music sheets back together and bring it to a location. The location wouldnt be said until the 6th sheet was collected. If I completed the task, then i dont owe him anything, off scott free."

"Course I only have to bring them to the spot. I could just as easily reclaim them immediatly afterwards. So not exactly a soul damning price like the other elder beings have done."
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2015, 5:30 pm

What makes you think you will get to keep the sheets? Did he give his word?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2015, 10:26 pm

"My patron gave his word, as per the signing of the contract. The elder things have to abide by their contracts, just like gods, demons, an devils. Though there are some who can twist it to fit their needs if its open ended. Though a lot of patrons don't care ; don't form a contract; and do it for their amusement. The gentleman gave me the feel of a super serious being when it comes to contracts."

"Now I can't tell whats going to happen in the future when I finally bring the sheets together. The 6 sheets may have a greater power that could prevent the world from damnation/destruction and I would have to make a choice between the sheets or the world. Or the sheets could be useless and my patron just wanted me and a group I would likely to be with; who would be powerful considering how long its taken, to be at the right place at the right time. Or he's doing it for its amusement and just going to laugh that it doesn't do a thing. Hard to guess what beings will do. Of course I could just as easily be killed in the end, not by the gods or higher beings but by normal people who believe me guilty and corrupt."

"So to complete my life long goals and chance at redeeming my family name; I'm willing to place my bets on the long shot. If I lose the sheets, nothing changes with my family, they wouldn't know. I would be the only one to suffer with the knowledge of being so close to the goal. But no one else is just going to help me, or believe me for that matter."

"I have to remain positive. If I don't, I feel like my mind will slip, and the despair I would fall into may encompass more than just me."  Wellby's left eye  (the one the black scar is over) starts to visibly darken as his expression starts to grow morose, but he blinks and its back to normal, and his expression is back to normal.

"I'm so close. I know my families stories weren't lies now. I know I can find them easily now, since my warlock powers awoke  last year. But there's only so much I can do on my own with just the boons I was given. I need more help, but there no one who will belive me or willing to put the effort to help. Especially if getting them would require questionable actions."
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 12:06 pm

Wow. Despite your past, I feel like you are one of the noblest, selfless people I know. You have sacrificed all you had, including freedom, for your family's sake. I will stand by your side, and assist you in restoring your family's honor. Torm knows, mine is beyond repair.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 1:53 pm

OOC: That was awesome
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 3:47 pm

"Personally, honors not my thing. I wanted to belive the stories my grandmother told me when I was a child. Your family?" Wellby waves back towards the fortress.
"Is preety messed up. Your dad sounded preety honorable when he went to save you and he probably went back to trick the others Into thinking you were dead. I dont think he deserved that fate of becoming a drider, kimmurial may have had something to do with that. And I am sure he doesn't give a damn about anything except for ruling all the drow clans, and will use shiall as he sees fit. I've delt with power hungry individuals before. And if I know torm. Torm's not going to sit idle and let kimmiuriel do what he wants now that hes aware of him."

"Kimmiuriel isn't just going to let us out of here without pulling something."
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2015, 4:53 pm

Nym feels a familiar presence in her head. She feels whole again until she hears Shiall's voice in her head which sounds harsher and more adult than ever before.

"I've missed sharing this space with you Nym, but I am happy to finally be myself again. I imagine not being pushed to the corners of my mind if good for you too. I want to offer you an amazing opportunity! As the new Matron Mother of House Oboldra, you can join me at my side as my hand maiden. You will have power and riches like you have never know. And I will be able to teach you more about the power you can wield. My father and I will give you the power of the Gods themselves."
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2015, 3:02 pm

Nym freezes in her steps, quickly turning her head back and forth, up and down. She knows Shaill must be nearby in order to pull this off, and does not want want the new Matron Mother to read her expressions. Guardedly, she replies,
"You know that I never wanted power, Shaill. I've only ever wanted to protect those I care about. You'll have a whole army to protect you soon, and loads of mercenaries who owe your father favors. Those idiots, our companions and friends, need my protection now. I am going to go find someone to heal Lander, and more than anything, Berek someone to keep him on track; he needs a friend.
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2015, 3:07 pm

"And I'm sorry, but he needs a friend even more than you do. He'll let revenge ruin his life. Revenge is not the way of the surface or his faith, it is a Drow trait, one of Lolth. He needs to let go of his anger, and he never will unless he can talk to someone about it."
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2015, 3:20 pm

Wellby looks at nym and notices shes looking for something.
"I take it we have a guest?" says Wellby.
Wellby simply looks towards the fortress entrance.

Wellby thinks to himself "Damn, I used up too much time then. We'll have to see how this plays out."

Last edited by Wellby on February 13th 2015, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2015, 4:56 pm

Shiall's voice echoes in Nym's head again. "Dear Nym. I don't need a friend. I need my family. You and my father are all I have left. Beric does need help and guidance, I agree. Do you think that you are the one to provide that? Do you find yourself suddenly filled with decades of knowledge and experience to rival his uncles?"

She pauses giving Nym a second to consider that. "You are a young women. While you traveled from Rohen to Phandalin you did so with my help. You haven't had to face many real trials yet. How are you to hold yourself accountable to be Beric's keeper or Lander's healer? Friends they are to be sure, but they are not family."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wellby's chat with Nym   Wellby's chat with Nym - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wellby's chat with Nym
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2