Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tresendar Manor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2014, 4:05 pm

All,

With the DMG out we should discuss the duration and cost of rebuilding the manor.

Page 128 shows the value for building a Noble Estate with Manor as 25,000gp and 150 days.

I will cut that cost and time in half as the basement was still primarily functional as were the outer walls. That means 12,500gp and 75 days. Given the time between LMoP and CoW the building is primarily complete but there are outstanding debts on the construction (mortgage). The party was paid 300gp/month from the mine for 6 months for a total of 1,800 gp. This leaves 10,700gp remaining to payoff the manor.

There is also the cost of the estate upkeep at 10gp/day, 3 skilled hirelings and 15 unskilled hirelings. Droop counts as one of the 3 skilled at this point. There is another 1,800gp worth of cost in estate upkeep. We'll call this half as well as the manor was being built and wouldn't have needed all of the upkeep.

So, total owed costs at the start of CoW was 11,600gp. It has been 21-23 days since the start of the campain adding another 210gp to the estate upkeep cost.

The party's debt is now 11,810 and growing. study
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2014, 8:01 pm

I propose that after returning any goods stolen from the town, the recently found gold should go towards our debt
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2014, 8:59 pm

or 6,435.5 gp debt if the group uses all the coin and sells the valubale items looted from the drow outside of magical gear/items. So almost cutting it in half. which techniqly gets fed back into town assuming its Phandelin that collects the taxes and not the kingdom (which incidently the "New Mayor" gets to use then). This doesnt include the money we were earning doing jobs for the town (The guard duty, bards performing at the taverns, etc)
Also is it really an "estate?" we dont exactly have large acres of land like nobles do, we have a hill that the manor is built on top of, the entire hill is being used for the road up.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2014, 9:13 pm

That is what I was proposing. Also, the work that has been done on the property recently has more than likely increased the size to that of an estate.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2014, 9:18 pm

still requires us to go out and loot some monster dens for the rest, or we do some "questionable" jobs.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2014, 9:30 pm

What jobs do you have in mind? I am open to suggestions within reason.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2014, 9:32 pm

Dunno depends on what comes up. would involve leaving town for a time to perform them; Phandelins kinda a bust for adventuring jobs.
Of course we could always hunt down those Drow, they seem to be loaded.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2014, 9:41 pm

I agree that we should find the Drow. The town will be demanding revenge. After the election, the new mayor, or a regent of one our's, can oversee reconstruction while we find Shiall and seek vengeance for the town.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lindor the Truffle

Sir Lindor the Truffle

Character sheet
Character Name: Sir Lindor the Truffle
Classes: Bard

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2015, 9:44 pm

In order to help pay off the debt, I think we should open a business, at least to mitigate the daily cost of running the manor
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet
Character Name: Soda Popinski
Classes: Barbarian V, Fighter I

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2015, 11:09 pm

What about us opening our own bar? Opening our own bar sounds nice. Ya, I like the idea of opening our own bar.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2015, 11:22 pm

Truffle, I believe that Ticier should help the local wood carver's guild grow. If Lander's pocket bar can be built, then that is brilliant. A potential source of income with little to no overhead.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lindor the Truffle

Sir Lindor the Truffle

Character sheet
Character Name: Sir Lindor the Truffle
Classes: Bard

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2015, 11:24 pm

How about Lindor's chocolate shop?
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2015, 11:26 pm

I believe this town needs something more light-hearted and that may just be perfect
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2015, 8:16 pm

How about enchanted chocolate? I know you aren't the enchanting type, but maybe Robin could help?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2015, 10:02 pm

make expensive chocolate? sounds like a plan. No need to question what arcane ingredients go into the food if people like it. Should be as difficult as making potions only that I think chocolate ingredients would be harder to accuire.
(ooc: heh heh)
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2015, 4:16 pm

Ya. Maybe throw in a bit of alcohol into the batch here and there... Or we could check and see if the spell forge can function as a spell oven of sorts.
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2015, 3:04 pm

Also my pocket bar could function as a miniature shop of sorts. I mean, its basically just an empty tavern at this point.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2015, 9:07 am

All,

Given the return to the manor, and the new gold and platinum in your pockets it might be a good idea to pay off some debts! Also, expect the manor to be 3 stories, including the basement that was the Redbrand hideout.

Please indicate which floor in which you would like your personal rooms, and the "bar" as noted above. I am working on some plans here. Nym already claimed Glasstaff's rooms in the the top left corner of the basement.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2015, 11:24 am

Don't mind taking a third floor with a window that's not in view of my bed but big enough that I can open and go through if needed.

Also prefer there to be no see through in the ceiling from the attic side.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2015, 12:08 pm

Top floor with nothing too extravagant would be good for me. I'd like a small shrine to Torm in the corner and a small desk. I'll post anything else if an idea comes to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tresendar Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tresendar Manor   Tresendar Manor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tresendar Manor
Page 1 of 1