Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Items from HotDQ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 8:53 pm

I talked to Charles and he wants us to assume we would have gotten the magic items from HotDQ since we're starting at level 8. I figured I'd start a post to see if there is anything people here wanted. I'm talking on behalf of Chris and Stretch since they don't come on here much.

I know that Sterog has been wanting the Black Dragon Mask since he made Sterog.

Ozzy has been wanting the Bracer's of Defense since that's his only way to get AC as a monk. His second pick, if no one wants it, is the Insignia of Claws.

I definitely would like Hazirawn the most for my new character since it would fit him perfectly. Warforged Oathbreaker Paladin that left the service of an evil god.

Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 9:06 pm

I know there's a Staff of Fire, Arrow-Catching Shield, Dagger of Venom, Bag of Holding, and some other cool things throughout that adventure somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 9:57 pm

I'll look more tomorrow. Also, 8th might be too high. The last episode of HOtDQ should be 7th. Rise starts at 8.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 10:03 pm

Are we doing the last episode of HotDQ? I thought we were just jumping into Rise of Tiamat.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 10:50 pm

It depends on him. If he thinks he can handle rise straight up, then its 8th and he makes the choice on what happens. Which means the mask can be denied and the castle can crash. He can also choose to even give out the loot.
Doing last episode of hotdq, would give him at least 2 weeks to prepare.
Other than that, magic item wise depends on what I bring:
Tempted to bring in a grappler, I have several builds in mind, but insignia of claws would work for the non monk versions (including a hulk type one I was fooling round with in leauge)
Could do ranger (either hunter or beast master) in which case the +1 longbow. Then the leather armor.
Kinda dont want to do a 'rouge', but have feeling there wont be one.
If charles wants to give out the entire hotdq magic item list, I have the list.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 11:30 pm

I sent him a text to see what he wants to do. Hazirawn, insignia of claws, and the black dragon mask are part of the last episode of HotDQ, right?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 11:48 pm

Magic items from final chapter (so spoilers):
Tankard of plenty
A cauldron that can be used as the material components of augury spell
Black Dragon mask (if rezmir was not killed prior to opening the chest)
Scroll of dimension door, featherfall, fireball, and staff of fire if rath modar doesn't escape
Book "beyond the iron gates" (not magic but outlines tiamat plans)
Bag of holding
Potion of gaseous form
+1 longsword
+1 longbow
+1 leather armor
Bracera of defense
Insignia of Claws, and hazirawn from rezmir
2 scrolls of mage armor if azbara jos was there
Theres more if had allied with talia and got into the castle with her then killed her when she betrays everyone.
This doesnt include the massive loot.
Incidently for amusements sake I also want the tankard.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 11:52 pm

Arrow catching shield was from ch7 and venom dagger was ch 6
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 12:06 am

There has to be some restriction on it because that's a lot of stuff that we probably wouldn't have found in its entirety.

And so far the party is made up of an oathbreaker paladin, punching dragon sorcerer, monk, sword & board barbarian (Steven's character), necromancer, and what else?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 12:14 am

Actually, if the groups good you can.
TAnkard came from tavern in town if group lingered there long enough to either steal it or claim after owner betrays them.
Bag of holding came from blagothkus tower. So either fought him and killed him and looted the chest, or looted the chest while he was away, or he gave it to us.
The main vault has the bracers of defense, longsword, longbow, leather armor, potion of gaseous form. Had to fight the stupid white dragon glazheal so it might've been slain or escaped.
Also doesnt count the few tons of money and jewels as well.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 12:18 am

I guess if we ignore the previous chapters of HotDQ then it is fair. We do have 8 players after all so it wouldn't be too bad.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 12:23 am

Well your missing on some good items then. Though the main ones you like came from ch 7
The last chapter location was where all the loot the cults been gathering from the region to transport to the pit.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 12:35 am

I'm not really making any decisions. Charles has to come on and decide. I was just thinking that there would be a lot of items if we did all of them from the entire campaign.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 12:43 am

Magic item wise theres only 10 more magic items. This includes scrolls, potions, and one useless spear that can only cast daylight ten times
Money wise. The sky castle has more money in it then we've ever earned.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 1:10 am

We also have to think of how many of those potions and scrolls we would have used trying to finish the campaign. Beric had a scroll of revivify but that was used after like two sessions lol
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 1:16 am

Meh I have a scroll of darkness from lost mines campaign (forgot which session that was from). Still haven't used it.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 7:24 am

I'll get a final decision from Marcus today and suggest a rogue.
Back to top Go down
Revenant

Revenant

Character sheet
Character Name: Revenant

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 6:17 pm

Stretch ran the numbers and the Insignia of Claws will benefit him more than the bracers. Because of all the attacks he does, he'd rather have the insignia.

He's going to make a case for the bracers of defense but they'll be available for someone else to grab first.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 7:00 pm

That would help my incredibly low, non-armor wearing, scrawny ass hide!
Back to top Go down
Revenant

Revenant

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 7:03 pm

I was thinking the bracers would help you the most out of the people who don't have an item. Overdrive uses a shield so it wouldn't work on him.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 7:32 pm

Yeah only problem overdrive would have would be when grappling his unarmed strikes arent magical.
And raw prevent unarmed from applying sneak attack damage.
And since we being semi realistic with weight I wouldnt be able to do seismic tosses with too heavy a creatures (for example dragging stone golems I have grappled into the air and dropping them either just onto the ground or onto other people). I can lift half a ton atm with the barbarian build.
Weapons for me are mostly a secondary concern as my hands are full once I get into close range (and trying to use other objects as a weapon.
Would like a ring or something with charge which would allow me to cast enlarge on myself.
Back to top Go down
Revenant

Revenant

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 7:52 pm

This is stretch's only way to increase damage though and he attacks a lot more than Overdrive. He's had Ozzy from day one so I think he should get first dibs on one of these items =/

That's my opinion at least
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 8:13 pm

Thats fine. I can wait. Just have to wait for a custom item.
I'll just cause collateral damage for my increase.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 9:34 pm

I'm really fine either way or with nothing. I'm sure I'll have access to more later. A staff or wand would be nice.

I'm built as a glass jaw that gets back up. So, honestly, some healing items would better suit me from a persona perspective. After all, I would understand healing magics, at least in theory.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 9:37 pm

Especially if theres enough downtime to craft magic items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Items from HotDQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items from HotDQ   Items from HotDQ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Items from HotDQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Consequences of War :: Out-of-Character :: General Discussion-
Jump to: