Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Journey to Cormyr

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

The Journey to Cormyr Empty
PostSubject: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2015, 4:40 pm

As discussed, the journey to Cormyr would take about three months. You spent nearly another month once inside the borders of the country. Here is the start of a thread to handle RP during that period.

Days quickly turn into weeks as you leave the Sword Coast and trek out across the plains of the Western Heartlands. Longs days of open fields are punctuated by grazing herds of game and other animals. Few adventuring groups are about, and it seems fewer caravans. You do happen across a few, but they tend to keep to themselves or avoid you entirely.

It is not uncommon to see a dragon darken the skies in Fareun, however it has become more common as of late. So common, in fact, that you don't ways seek cover at passing shadows anymore. You've seen carcasses left after a dragon or other large animal feeds, and as you travel south you begin to see this more often.

Your biggest concern is the occasional Cult of the Dragon patrol or wagon you come across. You chose to avoid most of them so as not to distract you from your main objective.

Truffle keeps your spirits up with song, while Sterog communicates with Lander back in Phandalin. The trip is not exhausting, but it is an extended road trip to few luxuries and too little access to good food and drink. By the time you reach the Vast Swamp your patience is sure to be wearing thin, and this is worsened by the conditions of the swamp itself.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2015, 5:51 pm

Early part of the trip; assuming it wasn't handled prior to leaving, Wellby was going to finish his research into the 3 volumes of Old One books he had "acquired" from the Underdark trip (shouldn't have taken long, he had 2 to 3 weeks to spend time reading them).

During the nights camped before reaching Cormyr's border garrison, Wellby can be seen looking at either 2 parchments from an old scroll case (the music sheets), or at a map of Cormyr which has several places marked; handling a signet ring.

While in Cormyr; Wellby looks visibly distracted; trying to keep a low profile from any Guards or official units. While his eyes constantly dart to Berric, almost looking at the exact spot the scroll case with the music sheets were put (even if its put out of sight).  Not being able to locate the current position of his family (though he was more concerned with finding his grandmother) doesn't help much either.
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet
Character Name: Nym Leavold
Classes: 8 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2015, 7:41 pm

over the course of her travels, Nym learns to write on horseback. She pours over the Book of Ancient Secrets she carries (the book is now the color of platinum, and is bound by the scales of dragons) finally a book she can call her own, and seems filled with an unnatural vigor. Each night she spars with Beric until he is exhausted flitting around him and blowing him backwards with harmless bolts of energy, all the while teaching him how to best combat a warlock. Though she obviously knows the purpose of the lessons, she each with the same afterthought.

"Nice work today, my king. Best to keep you in fighting shape, lest I go crazy someday."
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet
Character Name: Soda Popinski
Level: 6
Classes: Barbarian V, Fighter I

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2015, 12:11 am

Soda is going to spend quite a bit of time around Truffle, since "Music man make time go by very fast," and every time a dragon flies by, he will say something along the lines of "So, can you jump that high?"

When he is not doing labor for the Party (He always offers to), or hanging out with truffle, he is going to watch Robins abilities in awe, but yet from a distance. Whenever he studies, practices, or copies spells, he is going to watch intently, but from a moderate distance away, to avoid being a bother.

Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2015, 12:16 am

The thought of Bahamut driving someone insane makes Wellby chuckle. The only one at risk of being driven insane is the one who made the deal with an old one.

"Shouldn't worry bout that Nym. I doubt the Platinum Dragon would willingly do that."
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2015, 1:05 pm

Wellby thought he understood some of the dark powers on the fringes of our reality. In reading these books on this journey he has determined there is a vast amount of misunderstanding or misinformation. He has also realized that the "Gentleman" might be vastly different in look and power than he has seen so far. On a few nights these thoughts even give the halfling true nightmares. The closer to Cormyr you get the stronger and more frequent they become.

Nym realizes through study and practice that Bahamut's powers are not like she shared with Shiall. These are more divine in nature, but there is a ferocity and rage behind them. He may be a good dragon God, but he his still a dragon god. She realizes she may need to fear some of her new power as well as embrace it.

Soda is slowly learning the ways or Torm through Simeon and Beric. He may never be a devot follower but he can believe in swift justice.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2015, 7:14 pm

Wellby has been showing signs of sleep deprivation. On some nights, he doesnt sleep at all, looking into the distance towards the vast swamp or humming an odd tune. The monsters in his dreams prevent him from sleeping, fearing he might turn into one of them if he drops his guard. Though he doesnt tell anyone this, fearing torm may try to purge him.

His realization of beginning to understand the being he made a deal with 5 years ago brings to him believing the old saying "Ignorance is bliss.". He chuckles when he thinks that, but knows its too late now to become just another sheep in this herd. His main hope is to complete his end of the bargain and hope it abides by its word, hopefully before madness fully sets in.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2015, 7:12 pm

Further along into Cormyr (noticeable events in regards to wellby; feel free to make interactions, I'll be making a Vast Swamp one soon);
Wellby has been keeping to himself lately. More so than ever.  Now and again, you can see wellby making his black weapons appear and disappear (Pact blades can ignore being peace bonded), the appearance of the weapons seem different. They are still mostly their non-reflective black blades, but the weapons seem to be darkening the air around it slightly. Depending on the weapon, a black gem (not an actual onyx) with red dot on the main face, appears on the hilt. Almost looks like a black eye with a red iris.

His hands have a slight tremble. Wellby tries to hide it, explaining it was caused from lack of sleep. A thief shouldn't have hands that tremble.

He also appears distracted even more, and suffers from a head ache. More visible signs of lack of sleep.

Closer to the Vast swamp (or into depending on when the Hut is converted to a sleeping Hut), there was an incident during the camp out in the Command Hut on one of the nights. Wellby was twisting and turning and making noises in his sleep, visible signs of having a major nightmare. From the person trying to wake him, it is very difficult to, the only thing that worked was shaking him to wake him, a black dagger appears instantly in his hand and brought to the throat of the person waking him up. He stops just before making contact realizing who it is. Realization dawns on Wellby's face, and a brief panic as he quickly apologizes. He then doesn't sleep in the Command hut anymore and sets up a separate tent fearing he wont be able to stop if it happens again.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2015, 8:15 pm

Into the Vast swamp we go (noticeable events in regards to wellby; feel free to make interactions both past and present post):

At the beginning of the swamp Wellby looks haggard, he seems to lose focus every once in awhile; it looks like he's sleeping with his eyes open with a glazed look to them while riding his pony; letting the pony follow everyone. The pony seems smart enough to know not to run off on its own in this godforsaken place. When Wellby is focused and awake hes scratchin his body complaining about those 'damn mosquitos.'

Other times, he looks off into the distance like some alerted animal, then blinks his eyes and shakes head, then mutters to himself "Damn nightmares, making me see things. Doubt any of that is in the swamp.".

After the encounter with the coven of hags; Wellby looks much more focused though at times slightly confused. Some confusion of the hags knowing who he is, but also because he's sure the music shouldn't have sounded that horrible. If his family stories were true, it should have been beautiful beyond comprehension even if a single piece was played.  The music must've been magically guarded to prevent the perfection from playing from a imperfect piece. It will probably sound much better if another sheet or two is played in conjunction of it .  But that can wait till after the third sheet is recovered from the monster guarding it.

But what is guarding the sheet that the hags say was 'wearing it'? If orics said was true, a dragon is guarding it. There aren't many that would willingly make a swamp their home, much less have undead dwelling inside it.

At the fort, Wellby seems to be back to his old self atm. Focused on the task at hand. Whether he shook the funk off, or calling on an untapped surge of energy is hard to tell.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2015, 12:28 pm

This place is new to Beric so for the most part, he has been following whatever guidance Wellby has provided. This is his homeland and Beric will respect his judgement. He has been keeping Wellby's papers strapped to the inside of his armor. Removing them takes a good bit of time but it also prevents them from being found or stolen easily.

Along the road, Beric had been looking for towns that could be traded with or that could provide aid in the days to come. He had been practicing fighting warlocks with Nym away from the others when he could.
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Cormyr   The Journey to Cormyr I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Journey to Cormyr
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Consequences of War :: In-Character :: Role-Play-
Jump to: