Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dibs on bird monk

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 11:10 am

How much gold will we be starting with and would we have had any downtime over the years to learn new skills, proficiencies or languages?

Also, can everyone playing post their character's age? It's a big deal for my character's story and I know we grew up together or at least have been with each other for awhile. Life expectancy for aarakocra is 30 years lol
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 11:13 am

I want my character to be old though and I planned on meeting you guys when you were 12 and I was little more than a chick. You all defended me and I quickly became the older brother defending all of you. Now I'm the wise old (relatively) monk trying to find a way to master my body and extend my life. Obviously this will change when you guys decide your races and ages but that's my thought process.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 12:49 pm

Basicly if you have a dmg you use the starting at higher levels rule (at level 10 which is just shy of the next tier). Which I belive is 500g plus starting gear + one rare item (normally it is an uncommon magic item but maggie house ruled a rare instead)
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 1:23 pm

Yeah but we have apparently been in this Academy all our lives and she already houseruled the item. I figured she probably changed the gold amount too.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 2:40 pm

Well I haven't heard the general background story thus far about this "Academy" so I couldn't say for sure.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 2:43 pm

"The world is faerun. You have been taught to fight in a royal academy, as long as you can remember, and have always worked with your current companions. You know little about the world you live in, except for tactics, skills of exploration and survival, and an encyclopedic knowledge of monsters. You know even less about your country, as you are constantly on missions. More to come later."

That's what she sent me a bit ago.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 8:52 pm

Well once more information is given out then I'll have some sort of background.

But just from that excerpt, the group could easily have no money since it sounds like they were raised at the academy in select groups, kept isolated from outside the academy unless they go out on one of their missions. And you were trained to always return back as quickly as possible from completed missions. What funds they may have been given would be enough for the missions when the group had to sleep at an inn or couldn't go hunting. Weapons and gear could be supplied by the "Royal Academy".

Kinda sounds like a black ops group or other military group that's kept a secret.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2015, 12:58 am

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I was using the forum to ask Maggie for information on our resources.
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet
Character Name: Nym Leavold
Classes: 8 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2015, 9:38 am

You may have 500+25d10 gold, though I would recommend that you spend it on supplies.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2015, 9:50 am

25d10? wouldn't it be easier to have 1d10 x 25gp?
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet
Character Name: Nym Leavold
Classes: 8 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2015, 10:44 am

Sorry, that's what I meant to type
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2015, 11:12 am

Would we have had enough downtime to learn any new skills, languages, or tool proficiencies?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dibs on bird monk   Dibs on bird monk - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dibs on bird monk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Consequences of War :: Maggie's Campaign :: General Discussion-
Jump to: