Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1 Empty
PostSubject: Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1   Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 11:13 am

I'll work on posting XP and details soon.

The party returned to Phandalin, met Berric's old friend and Silver Dragon named Oryx, heard the Drakehorn sound, sent several members to Neverwinter for aid and supplies, and nearly lost another teammate to a Drow assassin raid on the manor.

Harold
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1   Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 11:27 am

Technically, we did lose her. But divine intervention and all that on the dead body.
Almost lost the halfling but he has the "devil's luck" in that regard.

Was preety funny and sad at the same time.
Also "one with the shadows" allows me to play the deadly game of "red light, green light". In dim light and darkness.
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet
Character Name: Soda Popinski
Level: 6
Classes: Barbarian V, Fighter I

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1   Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 11:52 am

You know, I was looking at the Cleric class yesterday, and revivify is under the domain spells for life cleric. Meaning that Simeon would always have it prepared, and it wouldn't count towards his prepared spells. So why couldn't he cast it?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1   Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 12:17 pm

Material components.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1   Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2015, 8:39 am

The XP from this session is actually pretty significant for only one encounter, and especially since only 5 members of the group earned XP. I am actually going to drop down the true XP slightly so as not to open too wide a gap.

So, for Beric, Thia, Simeon, Soda, and Wellby: 1,400 xp.

Hanbei, Nym, Truffle, and the brain dead Lander: 0 xp. As we had an encounter without one group, I'll likely add an encounter on the other side before the party gets back together.

Also, the party will eventually be heading to the Vast Swamp in the outskirts of Cormyr. Wellby is a former resident and may have information regarding local customs, regulations, etc. It would be a great discussion here or at the table.

Harold
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1   Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2015, 9:18 am

Well it was a significant fight and only one person died for being a surprise attack. No gurentees if the other group survives theirs. I would've died if I hadn't leveled. That last bit of hp helped a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1   Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 4: The Songs of War - Session 1
Page 1 of 1