Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet
Character Name: Nym Leavold
Level: 8
Classes: 8 Warlock

Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident Empty
PostSubject: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 12:31 pm

Having woken up from her nightmares and having donned the mysterious drow armor, Nym sleepily looks around her room, until her eyes land on Shaill's mysterious book. The large monstrosity, bound with who-knows-what, seems to beckon to Nym. She hesitates, knowing full well that the book had not been there when she fell asleep, but continues to take small steps the desk it lays on, unable to resist the call of the bloody pages. As she lays her hand on the tome, information sears through her mind. Voices scream and yell, visions dance across her her eyes. One questions who she is, and what she wants. And then it's all gone. The voices, the knowledge, they disappear. But Nym's hands now burn with a power she cannot control, and a thirst for knowledge begins to grow in the back of her mind. The book, seeming to act of its own will, blows open to a specific page where a scroll has been carefully folded. Two notes is written on the accompanying page, one ancient describing a ritual to record information within the text, the other a fresh note written in Nym's own hand...or is it Shaill's? The scrawled note reads "Bathen's provisions might have the special inks (squid or one of the bloods should do). If he doesn't, perhaps Halia will have what i'm looking for, though it probably won't be among her wares. I could use a good breaking and entering." Nym backs away from the book, but as the scroll shifts, another message is revealed: "The Augury spell might give you the answers you're looking for." Almost in a trance, Nym closes the book, placing it in her bag with some money before ascending the stairs and walking towards the exit of the manor.
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 1:11 pm

If anyone is there and interacts, speak or forever hold your peace.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 2:58 pm

(As layout of the manor hasn't been made yet, going on assumption theres a fireplace on the way out). The light smell of burnt wood can be smelled by the fireplace as it looks like Wellby is poking or sifting through the recently unlit fireplace with a pitch black stick. "Looks like its all gone." Wellby says as he steps up, wiping his hands of soot and ash. He looks around and notices Nym walking by. "Oh Nym" Wellby says as the pitch black stick suddenly vanishes in a poof of black smoke "Looks like you didn't sleep well, or you saw something you shouldn't. I can understand that. Going out to do something interesting?"
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 4:54 pm

Dazed and out of focus, Nym snaps to attention at the sound of her name.
"I, uh, need to, uh..." Nym stumbles over her own words, as she tries to sink into the floor.
"It's just that i touched Shaill's book, and everything feels all weird, and I feel like something is driving me to find this enchanted ink. I am following instructions from the book of the creature that enslaved me! I'm just hoping this thing can give me answers (she pulls out a scroll of Augury), or at least quiet the..." Nym sighs
"Hey, Wellby, you have some contacts. do you know where I could find enchanted squid ink for a spell book. I'm off to check at Bathen's shop, and if he doesn't have it, I thought I would look through Halia's stuff. She seemed like the suspicious type that would own something like that."
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 5:15 pm

"Hmm so you read her 'special' book." Shakes his head
"Power like that has its price. Hopefully it helps you before it calls it in." Wellby starts to chuckle
"heh I don't have any contacts in this town at the moment. The drow either chased them off or killed/captured them. Enchanted squid ink? Havent heard of that one myself, must've been required for shaill's. Well we can certainly check out Bathens or Halia's things; assuming it hasn't been confiscated yet."
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 6:07 pm

"Thanks. I could really use the company." Nym, grabbing her SPider Staff, goes over to the front door of the manor. She opens it, but instantly shies away from the sunlight that now causes her skin to prickle. Nym had always had an aversion to sunlight; she rarely played with the other children during the day, as they mocked and teased her for her grey skin. The brightness annoyed her eyes, so she tred her quiet town at night more often than not. But this, this was different. Nym scurried back to her room, and put on her cloak, before exiting the manor and heading towards Bathen's provisions store. She was sure to elicit strange reactions in the town, with her grey skin Shaill usually kept hidden with another body, her drow staff and her drow armor. But Nym strode on, oblivious to all that surrounded her, the ruin and decay of the town, until she reached the shop. She quietly entered the shop and walked over to the counter, shyly waiting for the attention of the shopkeeper.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 6:18 pm

Barthen's provisions is pretty bare in the magical components and utensils department. After some sneaking and deft work with door locks Wellby and Nym get into Halia's home. After about three hours you find a stash components. None are what you need.

As the pair returns to the manor Nym returns to her room. She passes through The room that was Glasstaff's laboratory. Nym's eyes catch a glint on a shelf, and as if guided she walks to a shelf and grabs a dusty bottle. The yellowed label reads Aboleth blood.

This may work, but also it may be vastly more potent!
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 7:05 pm

"Always a price for power to fulfill ones goals" mutters wellby when he is finally alone, his hand flexing as he summons and unsummons a dagger with a pitch black blade with a charred bone hilt and handle. His black scar starts to ache.
Back to top Go down
Shaill Zauvirr

Shaill Zauvirr

Character sheet
Character Name:
Level:
Classes:

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 9:21 pm

"it was here the entire time," Nym says to herself, as she examines the bottle. She can do this, she thinks to herself. She can find the answers to the questions that plague her mind with unrelenting force. She knows she should ask the wizard about using the Aboleth blood. She knows that this is a bad idea. But her hands are reaching for a quill. Her vision fades for a second before she sees one about to write the first letter on the parchment. She manages to stay her hand, as a small voice in the back of her head tells her she shouldn't do this indoors. Reason has reached her, but she is still desperate. She gathers her materials in her arms, puts on a cloak, and runs towards the side entrance of the house that leads to the woods...
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2014, 5:44 pm

Woops. Meant to write that as Nym. It's hard to have two accounts
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2014, 5:44 pm

Woops. Meant to write that as Nym. It's hard to have two accounts
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2014, 5:47 pm

Anyway, Nym runs past SWellby, oblivious to his presence, out of the mansion and into the woods. As soon as she is a safe distance from the manor, she frantically looks around, hoping that no one is watching. As she opens up the Book of Shadows and prepares the ink, she offers up a prayer.

"I am sorry, Torm, for what i am about to do. Protect me and those I have come to cherish as family, and let justice rain down on the deserving."

Nym dips a quill in the blood, and begins to copy the spell onto a blank page with the aboleth blood...
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2014, 11:10 pm

It takes 2 hours and costs 50 gold pieces.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2015, 6:08 pm

A letter has been placed under your door for you to read whenever you wish. Upon opening, it reads:

"Nym,

Your recent activity has come to my attention and although I do not know what you are doing exactly, I know that the actions of Shaill must still have influence over you. I will not stop you as long as no one is hurt, but know that you owe Shaill's god no allegiance. You have more strength than you know.

-Your Friend"
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2015, 1:14 pm

As Nym returns from the woods that night, having copied the spell into her book and studied more of its contents, she stumbles over the note as she opens the door. As she picks it up and begins to read, she starts to cry.
"Strength? What Strength?"
She hurls Shaill's book across the room, and her skin begins to crackle with eldritch energy.
"I'm useless," she cries as she hurls a pink bolt at the book.
"I'm weak," she shouts as she throws another. "I can't control these impulses of mine or this godforsaken power!" She continues to throw bolt after bolt at the book until she collapses into a sobbing heap.
"What am I going to do?" she quietly states as she looks at the book, now smoking and singed, but fully intact. It almost seems to leer at her with eyes of its own. Nym abruptly stands up, grabs a cloak, and leaves her room, departing for the town orchard/arboretum. She leaves the book behind, and does not come back that night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident   Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nym's plans in wake of the drow incident
Page 1 of 1